14 August 2008

August Already

Here it is August already and I've been back to work several times to get things set up. My classroom is ready to go and I've spent today making plans for the year. I'm taking on a couple of Math classes and so I want to be ready.

I always feel a sense of excitement as a new year begins. Very rarely do I feel any kind of a sense of doom in the air. I think this is going to be an exciting year and I know it will never be dull. It never is.

Below is a picture of my classroom. The view is from my desk area. I love my classroom. It's a cozy and welcoming place. I don't know if my students love it as much as I do, but then again, that really doesn't matter, does it?

2 comments:

Bouchizzle said...

I LOVE your classroom ... it is nice and cozy. I tried to stop by and say hi yesterday ... but could never find you. I can't believe that school is starting already! It is going to be a crazy year ... full of drama and hard work I am sure! It is nice to have you there to share it with ... I couldn't do it without you :)

Papa Abel said...

My daughter, the School Marm! I'm sure every student finds it as cozy as you intend it to be. How could they not? Do you still keep that jar on your desk containing the ashes of unruly students?