26 November 2008

Turkey Apples

It has been a long standing Thanksgiving tradition in my family to make turkey apples/apple turkeys...the order mattereth not. Needed for these holiday turkeys are apples, gumdrops, toothpicks, and orange slices (the gumdrop-like candy). One also needs a paper turkey head. My dad has recently given me a pattern for this head.

The gumdrops are placed on the toothpicks, forming the feathers of the turkey. The apple serves as the turkey's body. The orange slices are placed on toothpicks and used as feet.

If you decide to incorporate this tradition in your families, I hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

SydneyMin said...

That sounds fun, Kirsten! I'd love to see a finished product :) Your dad is very multi-talented!

Papa Abel said...

An apple turkey is a thing of beauty forever.

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

Yes, do show a finished product. Thanks, I just may use your pattern!

Kirsti said...

First of all, I'm glad I found your blog again! My blog list got erased which meant I had to try to remember everyone's blog address. Not a good thing for a crazy mom like me.

Anyway, I LOVE this idea. Looks like a new tradition for the fam!