28 April 2010

Hate Mail

As I was writing today's vocabulary test yesterday, I came across the following written in the 7th grade vocabulary book:



Aside from the obvious, I was disturbed by the errors in spelling. I mean, I'm a Language Arts teacher. Vocabulary and writing conventions are a part of what I teach. If students are going to express such displeasure, the least they could do is spell correctly.

All the evidence you need attesting to the fact that I'm a middle school teacher is the fact that the conventional writing errors bother me more than the actual message itself. I did not become a teacher to be beloved by my students. Yes, that can be a happy and favorable byproduct of my job, but the occassional hate messages...

I can live with them.

-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Shnopa said...

Kirsten, you should leave a grade and a note of your own. I would say maybe a 'B-' on the spelling. What a funny post! But then you ARE a funny girl, at least you make me laugh. Thanks.

Lynsey said...

At least a couple of words were spelled right! They got your name right.

Middle school is an adventure...that's for sure!

Katie said...

Keep it positive, great job.