08 February 2008

Almond Puffs

Almond puffs are a favorite dessert in my family. My mom makes them every year at Christmas time for the people with whom she works. She makes them other times, too. We usually try to put one of our cute nieces or nephews up to batting their lashes and begging grandma to please make almond puffs. Well, Kathryn wanted to make some for the Super Bowl so she asked me to get the ingredients. I did (we recently put ourselves on a food budget) and we went over our budget a little. I was determined not to waste the money, almond puffs were going to get made. I called my mom for the recipe and made my first attempt ever at almond puffs. While they were not as good as my mom's, I have to say they weren't bad for my first attempt. I don't have the recipe with me... that's for another blog.

No comments: