27 May 2008

Blood is Thicker Than a lot of Things

This weekend, I drove with my parents to Los Angeles, California for my cousin Kristal's wedding. Her dad is my dad's youngest brother. The ties to that side of the family have been getting stronger and stronger over the years and it's a wonderful thing. I saw my Uncle Jeff for the first time since I was in the 1st grade (approx. 30 years ago). I also saw my cousins David, Dru, Sean, and Nathan for the first time. They are really good people.

My cousin, Kristal, married Scott Kupferman. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. They are a good match. 

When I get together with my extended family, the idea that blood is thicker than water is re-etched into my brain. There is something incredible about being in the company of relatives. It's an automatic connection. There is no doubt that the ties are there. I feel that family bonds are forged long before we are born and I feel blessed to know these people. 

My mom, Uncle Jeff, and my dad.

Me, my mom, and my cousin, Kristal.

Me, my mom, my cousin, Kristal, and my dad.

Me and my Uncle Jeff.

My cousin, Kristal and her husband, Scott.

2 comments:

Papa Abel said...

Nicely put. Bonds of kinship do seem to be able to overcome distance, time, and even indifference and laziness.

Patty said...

How wonderful. I love all the pictures. I wish we could have come too. There is nothing better than family. Love you.