13 February 2009

The Road that Should Have Been...


Less traveled...Between Winnemucca and Wendover (a stretch of about 250 miles) we faced really bad winter roads, really bad winter roads...did I mention they were horrible roads? Bad enough in the daylight, freaky at night. It's hard to tell in this picture just how bad the snow fall was. Let's just say that whiteout, blizzard, and horizontal snow just don't feel strong enough to describe the conditions.

I hope you get something of an idea of what it was like...not the greatest picture but it will have to do.

3 comments:

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

That is so scary. I'm glad you are okay! Brandon and I drove from Ogden to Utah County with our kids one Christmas Eve years ago and we literally took our life in our hands. Looking back, we wished we had just not done it and stayed up there! Hurry Spring!

Shnopa said...

I know that stretch of road claims many vehicles each year. I'm glad you made it.

Since this is my first time to your blog I'll use this comment to tell you it looks great. I love that you get to travel. I also have a sister in California who we drive out to see periodically. It's a long drive, but still cheaper than flying. And it's always a fun trip.

I also notice your blog is a one stop shop for many people that I also know. Thank you. I'll be back! (I know what you're thinking ... I'm not coming back just to read other people's blogs ... geez!)

Kirsti said...

I am not a fan of stressful driving. In fact, these days I prefer to not drive at all. I'm glad you made it safe and sound.