27 January 2010

Booknapped!


I enjoy reading. It's probably my favorite hobby. As a teacher, I also like being able to provide books for my students. For 7 years, I've enjoyed being able to do that. This year, providing books for my students has become something I no longer enjoy. Why? My books have been booknapped. Several of my books have disappeared off my shelves this year. I have spent a lot of money to replace them, created a book list so I can record who's borrowing them, and purchased extra copies of certain books as well so more than one student can enjoy them. Little by little, as the booknapping somehow continues, I have tightened security and finally, yesterday when another book went missing, I snapped. That's it. I'm done. Students will no longer be allowed to have a book from me. Alternative choices will be made available.

Today as my students come into my room, this is what they will find...a little note from the books on the shelf. Books who miss their friends. They've taken a stand and so have I.

(I realize the note is next to impossible to read. Here is what it says: HELP! Our friends have been booknapped. Please don't take us too. We won't let you borrow us until our friends come home. WE MISS THEM!!)

5 comments:

Patty said...

I hope you get your books back. Besides that how are you doing cute Sister?
Love ya,
Patty

LeShel said...

I'm so sad that you've been losing books. I do hope you'll find them safely returned soon.

Kirsten said...

Thanks! I hope I get them back too, though I don't hold much hope for their return.

Patty, I'm doing pretty well. Hope you are well. Miss you!

Joseph and Divinity said...

I love the note the "Friends" left. I also hope they can find their way back home

Bouchizzle said...

I have a similar note on my white board. The calculators are on STRIKE!