12 January 2010

Spirit Week@SJMS-Hero Day


Today is Hero Day...I've seen some great outfits...super heroes from Captain America to Superman. Capes adorn the backs of teachers and students alike. Perhaps some of the greatest representations of heroes come from those who dressed in camouflaged attire. My own father is a veteran and his military service to this country has always been something I appreciated very much.

I told my PTSA students that my heroes are my mom and dad. I mentioned that it might sound cliche but it's true. They love and support me unconditionally and encourage me and express their pride in what I do. I look up to them and love them more than I could ever express and though I've only scratched the surface in listing a couple of the things I love about my parents, I could list many more reasons they are my heroes.

No comments: