25 July 2007

Colorado

I departed for Lakewood, Colorado on Tuesday, July 17. The eight hour drive added to the 20 I had driven, or been driven, over that weekend. I spent shy of a week with my dear friend, Martissa and her family. Martissa was my first in-field mission companion. We had a marvelous time. Her children had chosen an activity they especially wanted to do with me during my now short time in Colorado. Sadly, I had abbreviated my itinerary and stayed about a week less than I had planned so I could return home for the last week with the all the members of my now split ward. Martissa's eldest child wanted to take me out to Olive Garden for lunch. It was delicious! Her middle child wanted to take me on a hike, it was hot but worth the view. Her third child wanted to cuddle, and of course, I loved every minute of that (she's three and we are little buddies)! Her youngest, only wanted mom but was bravely patient with me when the occassion warrented. Of course, we made sarmale, a lovely Romanian dish, which is becoming a must whenever I visit. I also had the pleasure of meeting a friend I hadn't met face to face. Meeting new friends is always enjoyable. I had such a wonderful time!

Now that I'm home, I am recovering from some sort of bug...perhaps sheer exhaustion as a result of driving or being in a car 36 hours in about a week's time. I'm just now feeling better and glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed (although I spent the whole day in my gorgeous bed yesterday and don't want to do that again). Yesterday it rained and today is cooler which also helps with the recovery.

No comments: