01 July 2007

All Hail, IKEA!

I've been meaning to post something for about a week. It's taken a while.

Well, I finally paid a visit to the IKEA in Draper, Utah. As it turns out, it's about 15 minutes from my house. After visiting with Julia, Bruce, and Colter, and seeing the perfect bookshelf, I decided to pay a visit and make a purchase, or two, or three...hee, hee! I dragged one of my brothers (Thank you, Justin) with me. He has a truck. I got my bookshelf and a couple of drawers to go in it. I also bought a duvei cover (I call it a plic which is the Romanian word for envelope and duvei cover). Of course if you're going to have a plic, you need also something to go inside so I bought that too. Yay! My brother also helped me assemble the thing (he used to put furniture together for Bombay Company) so it was really fast going up. Now I have (almost) all my books within reach and I couldn't be happier. I keep saying, "I love my bookshelf." I also love my new bed clothes. Ahhh!

So, here are a couple of pictures. I realize that seeing my room (or, at least, parts of it) won't be very exciting to anyone, but I have to show it off. And, well, why shouldn't I? It's IKEA after all.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Bruce told me about a great study in Sweden... More people in Sweden trust God more than they trust their government. And more Swedes trust IKEA more than they trust God. Ah, sweet irony.