12 September 2007

It's Nice to be Loved

I have spot on my white board in which students have a chance to write their comments. I put it up for the first time last year and it's one of the best things I have ever done. Here students take the opportunity to tell me what music they like, about the friends they have, their crushes, and, most importantly to me, they write personal messages to me. It's the greatest feeling in the world to look at that section of my whiteboard and see, "We love you, Miss Abel!" written in big letters for everyone to see. Aside from the love of my own family and friends, there is no better validation! So, to my students I say, "Thanks and I love you, too!"

2 comments:

Julia said...

Colter says: I love you too, Kirsten!

Kirsten said...

That made my day! Thanks, Colter. Good luck at school.