24 September 2007

Thanks, Girls!

Saturday I was having one of those moments when everything is bearing down on you and you don't feel like talking and really you're having one big pity party for yourself. I don't have any explanation for it, it was simply the way I felt until I got a really sweet phone call. It was my niece, Saydee. With her voice echoing the voice of her mom, she left me a message:

Patty: Hi, Kirsten, this is Saydee.
Saydee: Hi, Kirsten, this is Saydee.
Patty: I just wanted to talk to you.
Saydee: I just wanted to talk to you.
Patty: Call me later.
Saydee: Call me later.

As soon as I got the message, I called back and talked to her. Our conversation was short and then I talked to her sister, my niece, Bethany. We talked about school and her new bike.

I am really grateful for that phone conversation because it reminded me that people care. It pulled me out of my pity party fog and made the rest of my day better. Thanks, girls!

2 comments:

Julia said...

{HUG}. Mmmmm!

That's the best I can do for long distance hugs. Cu Drag.

Kirsten said...

I'll take it! Multumesc mult, draga.