29 September 2007

Snow in September is...well, it's just wrong!

I came home from a wet and rainy shopping trip. I could tell the temperature was dropping, but I didn't think it was dropping too much. I decided it was a chili and corn bread day. I made corn bread and asked my sister (ok, I told her... nicely) to make some of her awesome chili. We were doing a few things down stairs when I hear my sister, who was looking out the window, say, "That doesn't look like rain." Immediately, I moved to a better view at the sliding glass door. "You have got to be freaking kidding me!" Yes, there it was...the snow. It is now coming down at a pretty good clip. During the rainy portion of the morning, my mom mentioned I'd better get prepared for an early winter, which didn't do anything to stimulate the endorphins in my brain.
I'm pretty black and white. Celebrate Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November, Christmas in December, The New Year in January, St. Patrick's Day in March, etc. We don't need to prepare too much in advance for holidays. That's why snow in September...well, it's just plain wrong!

2 comments:

Julia said...

So I guess this isn't the time to tell you we had 93 degree weather this past week, eh?

Kirsten said...

Indubitably!