09 October 2007

Cousins

It wasn't until one of my cousins passed away that I realized how important that relationship is. Because we moved around so much during my growing up years, I missed out on getting to spend lots of time with my cousins. I didn't even know my paternal cousins until I was in my thirties and I only actually met one of them. As an adult, I have gotten to know many of my cousins. They are awesome people.


Now, I am an aunt. I get to watch my own nieces and nephews interact with one another. They are such good friends. It's truly amazing to me to see what I missed. I love watching them play together. Caden is the only boy in Utah and really misses his cousins, Craig and Kavyn. They are like the Three Musketeers when they get together. The older girls (McKennah, Bethany, and Allie) play together and then there are the younger girls (Emma, Saydee, Erin, and now Lauren). I observed the younger ones, minus Lauren sliding down the stairs on their stomachs on Sunday. I love everything about them...their cute voices, giggles, kind personalities, even the crying (usually). Saydee made sure I got my share of the Jelly Bellys my sister brought.

I hope they are always good friends.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I love you my cousin:)