12 October 2007

Nonsense

Traffic signs make less and less sense to me, especially when they are posted in construction zones. Yesterday while driving home, I saw a sign in a construction zone (that probably recently celebrated its second birthday) that read "SIDEWALK CLOSED USE OTHER SIDE." That would be fine except for the fact that there is NO sidewalk on the other side. The entire road is torn up on that other side. It doesn't make sense to me. I hate construction these days. With another winter looming upon us, I am not looking forward to driving through a neverending construction zone again.

2 comments:

Julia said...

"Undulations Ahead" with illustrated silhouettes tops my favorite signs list. I always thought the sign should have illustrated belly dancers in silhouette.

Kirsten said...

I'd pay money to see a sign like that!