31 December 2007

Christmas 2007

This Christmas was a lovely time for me and my family. Unfortunately, not all of my family members were present. The Idaho gang stayed in Idaho and the Sandy troupe went to Hawaii. Christmas Eve I spent with my sister, Karin, and our parents. There hasn't been such a small gathering for Christmas Eve since 1973. I was two. Kathryn was one and our mom was pregnant with Sylvia. Here are a couple of festive pictures I thought you'd enjoy. I have no pictures to offer you of the fabulous Christmas Day rice pudding. I can say that it was delicious as usual and I had three bowls which I shared with my niece, Lauren, who absolutely loved it. Justin won the prize. This year it was $5 and two traditional marzipan pigs which my parents found at the World Market.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Glad you had a nice chirstmas. We did too. We miss you and all the Abel family. I attempted rice pudding for the first time and it wasn't bad it was actually good. Not great like your mom's, but I will work on that. My mom found the almond and won the prize.