11 December 2007

Christmas in Taiwan


I was just sitting here, thinking about my Christmas in Taiwan. That was an unforgettable experience. Christmas in a non-Christian country is something one should try to experience if at all possible. My roommate and I decided to open presents at midnight. She had put up a green tinsel tree. It was realIy cool and made an apt pine tree substitute. I remember I gave myself a camera and my roomie said it matched my hair. I don't remember what I gave or anything else I got. Sunshine (as much as comes to Taiwan in December), and rain, not snow were the main patterns in weather. I remember being so glad that I didn't have to deal with the snow. I remember we didn't get a couple of weeks off. We got Christmas Day off. Instead of hearing Christmas Carols in September, (okay, I exaggerate) I remember hearing some pretty lame Australian carols in the super market about a week before Christmas. My ward met and we barbequed. Taiwanese BBQ is pretty amazing. If I recall correctly, the brethren barbequed fish so tender it fell off the bones and sweet potatoes and corn, I think. One of the counselors in the bishopric picked me and my roommate up and drove us to the lakeside where we met for the BBQ. I took a walk with friends around the lake and got to see the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas. It was really awesome to celebrate the birth of the Savior with my dear friends in Asia.

I've got some pictures and I'll have to post them later.
As promised...here are a couple of pictures.

No comments: