01 September 2008

Everyone's an Expert

I'm a big fan of the Olympics. Winter. Summer. I love them both. I have my favorite events, of course. My favorite winter games include ice skating, skeleton, luge, even some of the skiing and snowboarding. In the summer I'm a sucker for gymnastics, swimming, and diving.

When I watch these events, I become an expert. Instantaneously I know when an athlete's performance makes muster and when an athlete falters. I use phrases like, "stick the landing", "too much angle on the entry", and "pointed toes". I know if a gymnast doesn't stick the landing, he/she is not performing to the highest standards of the event.

Really I don't know anything important about any of the sports but I sure enjoy watching. I am pretty sure I'm not alone. Don't we all fancy ourselves something of an expert when we watch the Olympics?

Isn't that part of the fun?

2 comments:

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

They were so fun to watch! We miss them. Good luck with the new school year!

Julia said...

You're way more qualified than that Australian judge was.