04 January 2008

13

Thirteen years ago today, I found myself on a plane returning home to Midvale, Utah after having served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a difficult time. The sorrow I felt at leaving was diminished only somewhat by seeing my family again after 18 months. I felt a bit ghost-like leaving Romania and coming home. The fact that I had completed my mission and was home didn't really hit me until the plane landed, only to hit me again in the office of my Stake President as he released me and I removed the symbol of my missionary identity. Thirteen years later, I still miss my missionary life and the people with whom I became acquainted and grew to love. A good sized chunk of my heart will always be in Romania. Sa traiasca Romaniei!

2 comments:

Patty said...

We know that you love Romania and think of you every time we hear something about it. Saydee has been missing you and wants to have another sleep over. She wishes you could come visit. So any time you want to come you are welcome. We love you.
Patty and family

Julia said...

I would go back in a second.