17 January 2008

Waterless, again!

This time it's my fault. I forgot to put my faucet on a drip overnight and I woke up this morning to discover that the faucet was spitting out its contempt for me and my forgetfulness. I feel lousy about it. I am hoping that this time around is not as bad as last time. It's a lesson to me and I don't think I'll forget again to leave our water on at a drip. It reinforces my deep hatred for brumal weather. May our pipes, or our neighbor's pipes, never freeze again!

Well, here's an update...As it turns out, it wasn't my fault at all. Our former neighbors came and tripped the fuse turning off the heat. The water in the toilet was frozen solid. The difference between the outside temp and the inside temp was only 2 degrees. Thanks, neighbors! Now if only the pipes don't break.

No comments: