02 January 2008

Waterless

I woke up yesterday when my sister, Kathryn, opened the door to my room to tell me that the pipes in the empty unit next door to us had frozen. That left us, unfortunately, waterless. She called some people and they eventually got in touch with the Realtor, who let him in to turn on the heat. That guy told us our water would be on by 3 or 4 p.m. We held our bladders. We drank bottled water. We used bottled water for cooking or drank milk. 3 p.m. rolled around...no water. 4 p.m. came...no water. 5 p.m. arrived...still no water.

I had prepared dinner for a dear friend and her husband and so at 6 p.m. I took it over. By the way, there was no water at 6 p.m. I apologized for the way I looked and explained to them that my appearance was a result of no water. These good people said, "Why don't you go home, get some shower stuff, take a shower here, and eat dinner with us?"

You know what? That's exactly what I did.

By 9 p.m. ...no water.

By 10 p.m. ...no water.

This morning, when I woke up, still NO WATER!

I stayed in touch with my sister, who stayed home from work another day (worked from home)
who told sent a text message at 12:56 p.m. that we are no longer WATERLESS! Hooray! Toilets will flush. Faucets will run. Showers will be taken.

Ecstasy!

No comments: