31 December 2008

Got Safety?

After it falls to the earth, snow must be cleaned up. That is, driveways must be cleared, sidewalks and roads shoveled and de-iced, cars dusted off. In that spirit, my dad, mom, and sister (Patty) cleaned up the snow from off cars, sidewalks, and the driveway. It took a while, but they did it. And they did it efficiently. I watched the event from inside with my little nephew.

If only I could say the same thing for our city bureaucracies. This year, due to our "crumbling" economy, there isn't sufficient money (so I've heard) for cleaning off the roads. I don't know about you, but there are certain things finances shouldn't get in the way of, and safety is one of those issues.

I just wanted to vent a little.

Thank you to my parents and sister who efficiently cleaned off our little chunk of property.Baby Brian and I watched from inside...you can see that he isn't about to take his eyes off his mom.

No comments: